Google Cloud Certification Workshop: Cloud Architect
This workshop is designed to help IT professionals prepare for the Google Certified Professional – Cloud Architect Certification Exam.
In this course, we review the exam guidelines, product strategies for the major Google Cloud Platform services, and other related topics covered by the exam. We examine concepts related to Site Reliability Engineering, and review cloud architectures, implementations, and best practices to solve common problems.
This course assumes prior knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and is not an introduction to GCP. To see all Google Cloud Platform curriculum, click here.
- Prepare for the GCP Cloud Architect certification exam
- Investigate business cases, cost optimization, and product strategies for major GCP services
- Explore Site Reliability Engineering
- Examine security and compliance concerns in the cloud
- Analyze GCP best practices and cloud case studies
- Review cloud architectures and implementations to solve common
Who Should Attend
IT professionals interested in obtaining the Google Certified Professional – Cloud Architect Certification. Also, architects and consultants who want to learn more about deploying systems that take optimal advantage of the services provided by Google Cloud Platform will benefit from this course.
Prior to taking the Google Cloud Architect Certified Professional exam, students must have experience working with Google Cloud Platform. The exam tests one’s understanding of architecting, provisioning, and managing secure and reliable business solutions that leverage Google Cloud Platform.
Included with this course are sample quizzes and numerous case study examples that will help you both prepare for the exam, and have a greater level of understanding of how to architect systems on Google Cloud Platform.
Module 1: Cloud Architect Certification Overview
Module 2: Realizing a Cloud Strategy
- Making the Business Case for Moving to the Cloud
- Measuring the Success of Cloud Projects
- Architecting Cloud Applications to Optimize High Availability, Scalability, Security, Disaster Recovery, and Cost
Module 3: Cloud Solution Infrastructure
- Migrating to the Public Cloud
- Deploying Applications Using Google Cloud Infrastructure
- Setting Up Networks to Control Access to our Machines and Services
- Automating Deployments Using Google App Engine
- Deploying Hybrid Cloud Applications Using Container Engine and Kubernetes
- Building Microservices Using Google Cloud Functions
Module 4: Storage and Big Data Solutions
- Storing Binary Data Using Cloud Storage
- Storing Relational Data with Cloud SQL and Spanner
- Storing NoSQL Data with BigTable and Datastore
- Warehousing and Analyzing Data Using Google BigQuery
- Determining the Right Google Cloud Storage Service for Various Use Cases
Module 5: Security and Compliance
- Leveraging What Google Provides for Securing Our Applications
- Assessing the Risks of Moving to Google Cloud Platform
- Controlling Who Has Access to your GCP Projects with Identity Access Management
- Securing Data Stored in GCP
- Following Security Best Practices in the Cloud
Module 6: Monitoring in the Cloud
- Monitoring Cloud Resources and Applications
- Leveraging Stackdriver Monitoring Services
Module 7: Managing Cloud Applications
- Deploying Applications Using Site Reliability Engineering Best Practices
- Architecting Service-Oriented and Microservice Cloud Applications
- Automating Deployments and Upgrades Using DevOps Features Built into Google Cloud Platform
- Analyzing Common GCP Application Design Patterns
Module 8: Case Studies