Dealing with Difficult People on Teams
Difficult people can paralyze any project team and “difficult” is different for everyone. In this course, you will identify what a difficult person is for you and discuss the consequences of not dealing with that person. We will identify six difficult personality types and develop a strategy for dealing with your difficult team member(s).
- Identify what is “difficult” for you
- The effect difficult people have on your team and you
- Identify six difficult personality types and learn their behavior patterns
- Develop a strategy for dealing with your own difficult person(s)
- Practice role play dealing with your difficult person(s)
- Finalize action plans for back at work
Who Should Attend
This module is designed specifically for managers who are responsible for the performance of teams.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Introductions and Objectives
- Negotiate learning objectives with the class in order to customize and meet real-world needs
What Is “Difficult”?
- Discuss the different difficult people we deal with
The Effect Difficult People Have on Us and the Team
- Discuss the impact of not dealing with it
Identify Your Difficult Person
- Identify your difficult person and the behavior they exhibit
Video: Six Difficult Types
- View a video showing typical behavior of difficult people
Prepare Your Plan
- Prepare a personal action plan for dealing with your difficult person
- Practice role plays for your difficult person
Personal Action Plans
- Develop personal action plans for back at work
|Please Contact Your ROI Representative to Discuss Course Tailoring!|