ScrumMaster Certification Boot Camp
Scrum is an iterative and incremental process that allows teams to deliver products periodically throughout the life of the project, absorbing change as the project proceeds. Scrum framework is used to increase flexibility and speed when delivering applications. This translates into on-time and within-budget delivery.
ScrumMaster Certification Boot Camp provides the foundation for Scrum fundamentals from a ScrumMaster perspective for ScrumMaster certification. This course is offered as an elective for the PM curriculum.
ScrumMaster Certification Boot Camp is a two-day course that addresses ScrumMaster principles, methodologies, and best practices. The course focuses on ScrumMaster roles, planning, techniques, and monitoring with an emphasis on practical application.
Students will learn:
- Fundamentals of Scrum
- Critical characteristics of a successful ScrumMaster
- Successes and challenges in implementation
- How to plan and execute a Scrum project
The principles, advantages, and disadvantages of various Agile development methods will become clear to students as they organize and take part in Scrum teams, and participate in role-play activities using Scrum case studies. In addition, students will develop a detailed understanding of the implicit challenges of being a ScrumMaster and of applying the framework in an organization. Students will gain knowledge, skills, and tools needed to position their projects for future success.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain key principles of Agile and the Scrum framework
- Discuss Agile project roles
- Describe effective Sprint and release planning
- Monitor and report during the Scrum process
- Describe Scrum best practices and challenges
- Manage Scrum projects and become ScrumMaster certified
- Manage change via customer-facilitated, timeboxed managed queues instead of change control
- Execute Scrum projects with excellence!
Who Should Attend
Product and line managers, project managers, technical leads, developers, testers, business analysts, and anyone interested in learning more about Scrum and Agile methods.
A familiarity with Agile principles as in Course 348: Agile Project Management.
The Agile Framework
- The Agile Manifesto
- Predictive vs. Adaptive
- Agile Development Methodologies
- Product Lifecycle
- Scrum Framework
- Doing Agile vs. being Agile
- ScrumMaster vs. Project Manager
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
- Characteristics of the Scrum Team
- Agile IPT
- Planning Activities for the ScrumMaster
- Product Vision Development
- Release Strategy
- Sprints and Releases
- Prioritizing User Stories
- Sprint Planning
- Assigning Story Points
- Acceptance Testing
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Agile High Performance and Anti-Patterns
- ScrumMaster Leadership
- Boosting Team Performance
- ScrumMaster as a Facilitator
- Communication Techniques for an Agile Team
Monitoring the Scrum Project
- Sprint Monitoring Tools
- Tracking Progress through Burndown Charts and Task Boards
- Managing Risk in Scrum
- Change Management in Scrum
- Definition of Done
- Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Meetings
- Closing Sprint Activities
Best Practices and Challenges
- ScrumMaster and Best Practices
- ScrumMaster Challenges
Please Contact Your ROI Representative to Discuss Course Tailoring!