A Rich Internet Application (RIA) is one which is connected, interactive, and responsive. An RIA is connected via the Internet to other people or other systems, provides effective communication through short, quick response times, and is therefore pleasant, useful, and useable. This course will show you how to take advantage of the current technology to develop RIAs.
This course provides an end‐to‐end look at building Rich Internet Applications that employ HTML5, Ajax, jQuery, etc., on the front-end. You’ll see how different server‐side and client‐side technologies can be integrated to create a robust application that provides flexible data display options to end users.
- What is a Rich Internet Application?
- HTML and CSS
- Employing Ajax, Dojo, and Dijit
- HTML5 features
- This class is geared toward developers who wish to learn how to build dynamic Web applications
- One or more years of programming experience
1. What Is a Rich Internet Application?
- Traditional Web Application
- Limitations of Request/Response
- Rich Internet Application Technologies
- Accessibility Guidelines
2. HTML and CSS
- HTML Primer
- Basics of Cascading Style Sheets
- Applying CSS
- CSS Selectors
- Dynamic Web Pages
- Arrays, Functions and Objects
- Working with HTML DOM
- Handling Events
- Dialog Boxes
4. Employing Ajax
- Handling POST
- Parsing and Generating XML
- JSON Syntax, Parsing, Sending
- Java API for JSON
- Cross-Browser Considerations
- Dojo, Dijit and jQuery
5. HTML5 Features
- Local Storage
- HTML5 on Mobile Devices
- Video and Graphics
- Web Workers
Please Contact Your ROI Representative to Discuss Course Tailoring!