Business Development Manager Position
About ROI Training
ROI is a six-time winner of Google Cloud’s Training Partner of the Year award and seven-time TrainingIndustry.com Top 20 IT Training Company.
Founded in 2002, ROI Training, Inc. designs and implements customized technology and management training solutions for global organizations. ROI Training has partnerships with highly successful financial service firms, technology, and international companies providing enterprise-wide training solutions.
As a leader in the training industry, ROI has a branch of operations solely focused on designing and delivering custom new-hire training and enterprise-wide program initiatives for global investment banks, financial service firms, and medium and large-sized organizations. These programs are designed to upskill employees and provide organizations with a technologically diverse and skilled workforce required to support a myriad of job functions within an enterprise. Virtual and onsite programs are taught internationally; ROI has designed and delivered programs throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC.
New Business Development Manager
ROI is looking for an energetic, result-driven business development professional to join our highly skilled team to grow new business; specifically, to sell and support innovative learning solutions while working within a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The primary responsibilities of this position include prospecting and qualifying new sales leads, while working with the Business Development Director and Operations team to successfully drive and manage new business opportunities for the organization. This individual will report directly to our Business Development Director with expectations to expand our program portfolio through providing winning business solutions to our clients.
The position focuses on building customer alliances, achieving short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs, and providing training solutions to create a professional partnership between the customer and ROI Training, Inc. The Business Development manager will respond to RFPs and develop clients in new sales territories, and be a key part of the product development and management of key programs. The ideal candidate should have a strong sales track record, a consistent background of winning new business, program support and management experience, and a book of contacts within learning & development, technology, or training areas.
Locations: Boston - New York - Chicago - Austin - London - Dublin
• Prospect and qualify new sales leads, identify specific training needs, and arrange client meetings
• Achieve yearly sales and activity goals
• Participate in the design, development and execution of training programs ensuring client needs are achieved
• Successfully sell ROI’s program development and delivery model as a business solution
• Help existing and potential customers discover unmet needs and articulate how ROI’s customized programs can deliver extraordinary value to the enterprise
• Partner with sales and product support teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
• Collaborate with design and production teams to ensure contracted product specifications are executed on-time and within scope
• Plan approaches, presentation materials, and proposals that speak to the client’s needs and objectives, and effectively communicates ROI’s capabilities and solutions
• Become a subject-matter expert on our business products, processes, and operations, and remain up to date on industry news to add value to customer base
• Collaborate with key partners to effectively position ROI services and drive an increased number of opportunities from the channel
• Stay on top of the market and competitors to identify and help develop ROI’s selling propositions and key differentiators
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the learning & development or training industry
• Experience managing or coordinating learning & development programs
• High motivation for sales and proactively engaging prospective accounts
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience with successfully bringing in new clients via consultative selling approach with demonstrated success in sales performance
• Strong ability to execute a strategic sales plan including prospecting, territory & account management, requirements gathering, presentations, and closing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations
• Strong knowledge of or experience in learning programs and services
• Strong problem solver and creative thinker; ability to flourish with minimal guidance and be proactive
• Travel; must be willing to travel domestically and international as needed.
We offer a generous, competitive compensation package for exceptional performers, as well as PTO and 401(k) company match plans. Ability to travel required, primarily USA and some international.
Interested in this position?
Please submit your information below.