In this course, you will learn how to plan and manage “ambush” and formal negotiations. By planning and conducting two full negotiations, you will learn how to plan your negotiations and best practices for dealing with tough negotiators. You will develop strategies to counter dirty tricks and games, learn how to plan and run team negotiations, and how to negotiate “no” with your boss. Finally, you will learn how to get past impasses and deadlocks.
- What is negotiation and your role?
- Overview of the common types and kinds of negotiations
- The process of planning and running a negotiation
- Dealing with tough negotiators and countering games and dirty tricks
- Strategies and tactics
- Negotiating “no” with your boss
- Getting past impasse and deadlock
Who Should Attend
Anyone who finds themselves in impromptu or formal negotiations.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Introductions and Objectives
- Discuss learning objectives with the class in order to customize and meet real-world needs
What Are Negotiations?
- Types and Kinds of Negotiations
- Common Negotiating Situations
- When to Negotiate?
Overview of Typical Negotiations
- Setting the Right Climate
- Stages of Typical Negotiations
Negotiation Process and Planning
- The Process of Planning and Required Elements
- Issues and Positions
Dealing with Tough Negotiators
- How to Handle the three Types of Tough Negotiators
Strategies and Tactics
- Learn How to Spot and Counter Games and Dirty Tricks
Impasse and Deadlock
- What to Do if You Are Stuck and Cannot Reach an Agreement
Personal Action Plans
- Develop Personal Action Plans for Back at Work
|Please Contact Your ROI Representative to Discuss Course Tailoring!|