Conflict Management Skills
In this course, you will learn how to deal with conflict situations, set clear expectations, and how to manage yourself and others in these difficult situations. You will understand the nature of conflict and understand when conflict is positive or negative. We will learn five strategies for dealing with conflict, the skills necessary to resolve it, and the steps needed to reach a mutual understanding. By using exercises and role plays, we will practice defusing and resolving conflict.
- Identifying positive and negative conflict
- Strategies for dealing with conflict when it happens
- Learn and practice the skills necessary to uncover and deal with conflict
- Learn a three-part model for resolving conflict
- Develop personal action plans for conflict situations back at work
Who Should Attend
This module is designed for anyone who wants to become proficient in dealing with conflict on the team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Introductions and Objectives
- Discuss learning objectives with the class in order to customize and meet real-world needs
When Is Conflict Positive and Negative?
- Opening role play
- Learn that conflict can be both good and bad
- How to determine the type of conflict you are dealing with
- Learn the signs and symptoms of negative conflict
Five Strategies for Dealing with Conflict
- Learn when and how to adopt different conflict resolution strategies
Skills Needed to Resolve Conflict
- Learn a toolbox of skills for dealing with conflict
- Second role plays
A Three-Part Conflict Resolution Model
- Learn and practice a three-part model to resolve almost any conflict
- Learn the skills necessary to facilitate the resolution of conflict on the team
- Final role plays
Personal Action Plans
- Personal action plans for back at work
|Please Contact Your ROI Representative to Discuss Course Tailoring!|