Integrating Project Management & Service Management
ROI’s Integrating Project Management & Service Management course brings together the best practices from these two critical management disciplines as they relate to information technology environments. The course draws on principles of the most popular frameworks for each respective area: PMBOK® Guide—Fourth Edition and ITIL® v3. Participants will learn about how an integrated approach to project management and service management can produce better results for the business and promote more effective and efficient IT service provision. Participants who complete this course can earn PDUs for maintaining their Project Management Institute (PMI®) certification. Participants in this course will learn that integration of these two critical competencies is more nuanced than a hand-off at the end of Project Management to Service Management. Integration points occur throughout the Project Management Process Groups and throughout the phases in the Service Lifecycle.
- The relationship between Project Management and Service Management
- Why it is important to consider Project Management and Service Management together
- The key integration points between Project Management and Service Management
- The basics of PMBOK® Guide—Fourth Edition and ITIL v3
- How to improve results by applying integration principles
- Specific learning objectives for onsite courses are determined in a pre-class conference call with your ROI instructor
Customers who select this offering benefit from:
- More successful projects with more seamless transitions to operation because of clear strategies to address Service Management and operational aspects.
- A more coordinated IT organization with clearly defined roles, responsibilities and integration points between Project Management and Service Management domains.
- A common understanding of high-level Project Management best practices, Service Management best practices, and their critical relationships.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for project managers, business analysts, service owners, process owners and analysts (especially staff that participate in service transition processes), and IT management in general.
Either PMI® Certification or ITIL v3 Foundation Certification will be useful.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Review of key Project Management and PMBOK® Guide—Fourth Edition principles
- Review of key Service Management and ITIL v3 principles
- Relationship between the Project and Service Lifecycle
- Relationship between Project Portfolio Management and Service Portfolio Management
- Project Initiation & Service Management
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Please Contact Your ROI Representative to Discuss Course Tailoring!