ASP.NET MVC 5 Development
ASP.NET MVC 5 provides a full-featured web development framework that can be used to build robust web applications. In this 4-day, hands-on class you’ll learn about the latest version of the framework and the key features it provides.
Throughout the class, you’ll learn about core MVC concepts such as Model classes, Views, and Controllers. You’ll also see how routes are used and how they can be customized, write custom razor helpers and templates, and learn how to validate data using data annotations and the fluent API. Along with core MVC concepts, you’ll also learn how to query databases using Entity Framework. This includes creating custom DbContext classes, writing LINQ queries, building a repository layer to encapsulate data access code, and more. Finally, you’ll learn how client-side technologies such as jQuery and AngularJS can be used to interact with RESTful services created using ASP.NET Web API.
If you’re looking for a hands-on look at what the ASP.NET MVC framework offers, then this class is for you!
Please note that this course is about ASP.NET MVC 5 and does not cover ASP.NET Core.
- Discuss Core ASP.NET MVC Concepts
- Understand the Role of Model Classes
- Learn the Role that Controllers Play
- Understand How to Create and Use ViewModels
- Create Custom Routes Using Convention and Attribute-based Techniques
- Learn to Create Custom Razor Helpers
- Leverage Custom Templates in Razor Views
- Leverage Model Binding with Action Parameters
- Understand How to Validate Data using Data Annotations and Razor Helpers
- Create Master Layout Pages and Custom Sections
- Learn How to Write LINQ and Lambda Queries
- Query Databases Using Entity Framework
- Learn How to Create RESTful Services Using Web API
- Understand Client-side Technologies such as jQuery and AngularJS
- Call into RESTful Services Using Ajax
- Much more!
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for any developer interested in building web applications using ASP.NET MVC. This class also is appropriate for ASP.NET Web Forms developers who need to learn how to migrate to ASP.NET MVC.
ASP.NET MVC Core Concepts
- Introduction to MVC
- Action Parameters and Model Binding
- Razor Syntax
Working with Views
- Razor Helpers
- Data Validation
- Master Layouts
- Partial Views
- Custom Templates
Working with Data
- LINQ Queries
- Using LINQPad
- Entity Framework
- Repository Pattern
- Unit Testing Fundamentals
- Web API
- jQuery Fundamentals
- AngularJS SPA Fundamentals
- Bundling and Minification
Please Contact Your ROI Representative to Discuss Course Tailoring!