Foundations in Risk Management
This foundation program in risk management provides delegates with the core competencies required for risk management professionals in the retail banking world. This course is delivered in an interactive way using real life case studies and examples to make sure that the learning is applied and adds value to the organization.
Who Should Attend
Anyone working in a financial services firm will benefit from this course. Those in risk, compliance, and operations will benefit, however it is also appropriate for a broader audience who wish to gain insight into the risk management process.
- Bank Corporate Governance
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Asset and Liability Management
- Loan Losses
Defining the Risks
- Banks and Banking
- Different Types of Banks
- Banking Risk
- Forces Shaping the Banking Industry
- From Liquidity Crisis to Bank Panics
- Foundations of Bank Regulation
- International Regulation of Bank Risks
- Deposit Insurance
- Introduction to Market Risk
- Basics of Financial Instruments
- Market Risk Measurement and Management
- Market Risk Regulation
- What Is Operational Risk?
- Operational Risk Events
- Operational Loss Events
- Operational Risk Management
Regulatory Capital and Supervision under Basel II & III
- Bank Regulatory Capital
- Basel Minimum Capital Requirement
- Pillar 2 – Supervisory Review
- Pillar 3 – Market Discipline
- Economic Capital
- What Is the Role of Economic Capital?
- Introduction to Credit Risk
- Characteristics of Credit Products
- Credit Products
The Credit Process and Credit Risk Management
- The Credit Process
- The Credit Analysis Process
- Portfolio Management
Please Contact Your ROI Representative to Discuss Course Tailoring!