Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
This one-day instructor-led class provides an overview of Google Cloud Platform products and services. Through a combination of presentations and hands-on labs, participants learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Identify the purpose and value of each of the Google Cloud Platform products and services
- Interact with Google Cloud Platform services
- Describe ways in which customers have used Google Cloud Platform
- Choose among and use application deployment environments on Google Cloud Platform: Google App Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Google Compute Engine
- Choose among and use Google Cloud Platform storage options: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore
- Make basic use of BigQuery, Google’s managed data warehouse for analytics
- Make basic use of Cloud Deployment Manager, Google’s tool for creating and managing cloud resources through templates
- Make basic use of Google Stackdriver, Google’s monitoring, logging, and diagnostics system
This class is intended for the following:
Familiarity with Linux command line, web servers, and text editors.
Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud Platform
- Define the components of Google's network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
Module 2: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud Platform
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform
- Lab: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
Module 3: Virtual Machines and Networks in the Cloud
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the various Google Cloud Platform networking and operational tools and services.
- Lab: Compute Engine
Module 4: Storage in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore.
- Learn how to choose between the various storage options on Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Cloud Storage and Cloud SQL
Module 5: Containers in the Cloud
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Kubernetes Engine and Kubernetes.
- Lab: Kubernetes Engine
Module 6: Applications in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: App Engine
Module 7: Developing, Deploying, and Monitoring in the Cloud
- Understand options for software developers to host their source code.
- Understand the purpose of template-based creation and management of resources.
- Understand the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
- Lab: Deployment Manager and Stackdriver
Module 8: Big Data and Machine Learning in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Lab: BigQuery