Leading Change When Moving to Google Cloud
Moving to the cloud can bring tremendous business benefits, but it’s also a big change for your employees and requires the right management approach. In this course, you’ll learn how to lead your team through a Google Cloud migration so that you can realize the platform’s full potential. You’ll explore ways to lead by example and the psychology behind people’s reactions to change. You’ll also learn about the framework Google Cloud has created to help you manage this change so that you can inspire your team and move them toward your cloud goals.
- Use the Google Cloud Adoption Framework to structure your change management needs.
- Understand the psychology of change.
- Evaluate your self-awareness about the impact of change on your team.
- Assess where your team is on the change curve and how you can support them.
- Recognize the most common effects that moving to the cloud can have on your team.
- Create a communication plan to lead others and deal with resistance.
- Recognize the PSO Consulting Services available to support your Google Cloud journey.
- No prior technical knowledge is required
- Suggested Reading:
- Google Cloud Adoption Framework whitepaper
- The Value of Change Management (G Suite focus)
- Rethink Technology In The Age Of The Cloud Worker
Who Should Attend
- Senior people managers from teams like IT, supporting functions (Finance, Ops, Strategy, HR, etc), and line of business in the process of moving to GCP.
- Any leaders and executive sponsors directly involved with or impacted by the GCP projects, but not typically C-level.
Module 1: Change in the Cloud Era
- Cloud Change Journey
- Customer Story
- Google Cloud Adoption Framework
Module 2: How People React to Change
- Psychology of change
- Moving to cloud
- Your team today
Module 3: Leading Change in Google Cloud
- Your team on Google Cloud
- Dealing with resistance
Module 4: PSO Consulting Services & Next Steps
- Google Cloud Professional Services
- PSO Consulting Services
- Next steps