Google Cloud Advanced Skills & Certification Workshop: Professional Cloud Architect
Google Cloud Certification Training Description
This workshop is designed to help IT professionals prepare for the Google Certified Professional – Cloud Architect Certification Exam.
In this workshop, we review the exam guidelines, product strategies for the major Google Cloud services, and other related topics covered by the exam. We examine concepts related to Site Reliability Engineering, and review cloud architectures, implementations, and best practices to solve common problems.
Interested in taking this course on demand? Enroll here.
This workshop assumes prior knowledge of Google Cloud and is not an introduction to Google Cloud. To see the full Google Cloud curriculum, click here.
Dedicated Onsite Training for Your Team
Have a team of people you are looking to certify? ROI Training will send a Google Authorized Trainer to you and work with you to customize a certification track based on your experience with Google Cloud. Private events are cost-effective, customizable, and convenient. Contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
- Prepare for the Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect exam
- Investigate business cases, cost optimization, and product strategies for major Google Cloud services
- Deploy application using Compute Engine, Kubernetes, App Engine, and Cloud Functions
- Choose appropriate Google Cloud storage services
- Examine security and compliance concerns in the cloud
- Explore Site Reliability Engineering and Operations Monitoring
- Analyze Google Cloud best practices and case studies
- Review cloud architectures and implementations to solve common computing use cases
This workshop includes instructor lectures, group activities, case study discussions, practice exams, and links to recommended study, videos, and tutorials. Homework assignments are also included to help students further prepare for the exam.
Who Should Attend
IT professionals interested in obtaining the Google Cloud Certified – Professional Cloud Architect certification. Also, architects and consultants who want to learn more about deploying systems that take optimal advantage of the services provided by Google Cloud will benefit from this course.
Prior to taking the Google Cloud Certified – Professional Cloud Architect exam, students must have experience working with Google Cloud. The exam tests one’s understanding of architecting, provisioning, and managing secure and reliable business solutions that leverage Google Cloud. We strongly recommend candidates take Google’s Architecting with Google Compute Engine and Architecting with Google Cloud: Design & Process classes prior to attending this workshop.
Practice Quizzes and Case Study Examples
Included with this course are sample quizzes and numerous case study examples that will help you both prepare for the exam, and have a greater level of understanding of how to architect systems on Google Cloud.
Module 1: Cloud Architect Certification Overview
- Exercise: Creating a Google Cloud Account
Module 2: Realizing a Cloud Strategy
- Making the Business Case for Moving to the Cloud
- Measuring the Success of Cloud Projects
- Architecting Cloud Applications to Optimize High Availability, Scalability, Security, Disaster Recovery, and Cost
Module 3: Cloud Solution Infrastructure
- Migrating to the Public Cloud
- Exercise: Google Cloud Networking
- Interacting with Google Cloud
- Deploying Applications Using Google Compute Services
- Exercise: Compute Engine Virtual Machines
- Exercise: Disks, Snapshots, and Images
- Exercise: Load Balancing and Autoscaling
- Setting Up Networks to Control Access to our Machines and Services
- Automating Deployments Using Google App Engine
- Exercise: App Engine
- Deploying Hybrid Cloud Applications Using Google Kubernetes Engine and Kubernetes
- Exercise: Docker and Kubernetes
- Building Microservices Using Google Cloud Functions
- Exercise: Cloud Functions
Module 4: Storage and Big Data Solutions
- Storing Binary Data Using Cloud Storage
- Exercise: Cloud Storage
- Storing Relational Data with Cloud SQL and Spanner
- Storing NoSQL Data with Bigtable, Firestore, Datastore, and Memorystore
- Warehousing and Analyzing Data Using Google BigQuery
- Exercise: BigQuery
- Determining the Right Google Cloud Storage Service for Various Use Cases
Module 5: Security and Compliance
- Leveraging What Google Provides for Securing Our Applications
- Assessing the Risks of Moving to Google Cloud
- Controlling Who Has Access to your Google Cloud Projects with Identity Access Management
- Securing Data Stored in Google Cloud
- Following Security Best Practices in the Cloud
Module 6: Monitoring in the Cloud
- Monitoring Cloud Resources and Applications
- Leveraging Operations Monitoring Services
Module 7: Managing Cloud Applications
- Deploying Applications Using Site Reliability Engineering Best Practices
- Architecting Service-Oriented and Microservice Cloud Applications
- Automating Deployments and Upgrades Using DevOps Features Built into Google Cloud
- Analyzing Common Google Cloud Application Design Patterns
Module 8: Case Studies