Managing Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform for Hybrid Cloud
This course introduces you to fundamentals and advanced practices applicable to the installation and management of Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform for hybrid cloud.
Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn how to design, install, secure, manage, and scale Apigee API Platform.
- Identify the purpose and value of Apigee API Platform.
- Gain detailed understanding of Apigee API Platform architecture and recommended practices for topology design.
- Gain detailed understanding of Apigee terminology and logical organizational structures.
- Interact with Apigee API Platform and solve scenarios by leveraging recommended practices.
- Understand capabilities and practices to secure, manage and scale the platform.
- Understand and put in practice installation and upgrade processes.
Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, and Operation Specialists.
- Familiarity with Linux command and command line interface.
- Basic understanding of Google Cloud.
- Basic understanding of GKE.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Basic understanding of shell script, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, and TLS.
Module 1: Fundamentals
- Familiarize with Apigee product capabilities and its place in the enterprise architecture
- Familiarize with Google Cloud, Kubernetes and Anthos concepts
- Discuss REST fundamentals
Module 2: Architecture
- Discuss Apigee hybrid architecture
- Gain understanding of Apigee technology stack
- Discuss Apigee terminology and organizational structure
- Familiarize with Apigee API
Module 3: Installation and Platform Operation
- Discuss installation process
- Discuss installation prerequisites
- Gain detail understanding of and practice installation process
- Discuss post installation tasks and recurrent activities recommended for the platform
- Gain understanding common operational capabilities and practices
- Discuss backup and restore strategy
Module 4: Deployment and Environment Management
- Familiarize with API proxy concept and deployment process
- Familiarize with API tracing and debugging
- Discuss Developer Portal solutions
- Gain understanding of and practice capabilities available for environment management
Module 5: Security
- Discuss infrastructure security
- Discuss data storage and encryption
- Discuss hybrid access management capabilities and RBAC
Module 6: Capacity Planning and Scaling
- Discuss capacity planning considerations
- Gain understanding of and practice capabilities to scale up/down runtime components
Module 7: Upgrade
- Familiarize with upgrade process
- Discuss rollback process
Module 8: Logging and Monitoring
- Familiarize with logging capabilities
- Understand metrics generated and captured by the system
- Discuss Apigee analytics
- Discuss monitoring and troubleshooting techniques
- Familiarize with Apigee support process