Installing and Managing Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform for Private Cloud
This course introduces you to the fundamentals and advanced practices used to install and manage Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform for Private Cloud.
Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn how to design, install, secure, manage, and scale the Apigee API Platform for Private Cloud.
- Identify the purpose and value of the Apigee API Platform.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the Apigee API Platform for Private Cloud architecture and the recommended practices for topology design.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the Apigee terminology and logical organizational structure.
- Interact with the Apigee API Platform and solve scenarios by leveraging recommended practices.
- Understand the capabilities and practices to secure, manage, and scale the platform.
- Learn and practice the installation and upgrade of the Apigee API Platform for Private Cloud.
Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, and Operation Specialists.
- Familiarity with Linux command and command line interface.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Basic understanding of shell script, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, and TLS.
Module 1: Architecture
- Familiarize with Apigee product capabilities and its place in the enterprise architecture
- Gain an understanding of the Apigee technology stack
- Gain a basic understanding of Apache Cassandra capabilities and how they are leveraged by the Apigee platform
- Gain a detailed understanding of Apigee terminology and organizational structure
- Explore topology design options
Module 2: Installation
- Discuss installation planning
- Understand installation dependencies
- Learn and practice the installation process
- Discuss post-installation tasks and recurring activities recommended for the platform
- Learn how to uninstall the platform
Module 3: Developer Portal Installation
- Discuss the role of the Apigee Developer Portal
- Discuss recommended practices for hosting the Developer Portal
- Discuss the software distribution and installation process
Module 4: Management
- Discuss platform operations capabilities and recommended practices
- Discuss the role of the Management API and how it is leveraged by the platform
- Gain an understanding of the API deployment process
- Gain and understanding of Apigee analytics
- Discuss infrastructure operations capabilities and recommended practices
Module 5: Security
- Discuss Apigee capabilities to secure API traffic
- Understand how to configure TLS and mTLS for critical path components and user-facing interfaces
- Learn how to configure single sign-on (SSO)
Module 6: Upgrade
- Discuss upgrade planning recommended practices
- Discuss upgrade prerequisites and dependencies
- Learn and practice the upgrade process
- Discuss rollback scenarios and the rollback process
Module 7: Capacity Planning and Scaling
- Understand scenarios and recommended practices for capacity planning
- Understand how to scale up/down physical and logical capacity
- Understand how to add individual components, extend clusters, and add new regions
Module 8: Monitoring
- Discuss recommended practices for monitoring the platform
- Understand how to monitor individual components
- Discuss the role of synthetic transactions monitoring
- Discuss recommended practices for API monitoring
Module 9: Troubleshooting
- Discuss failure scenarios and troubleshooting practices
- Understand the Apigee support model